1954 Willys m38a1 U.S. army jeep is original 24 volt, runs perfectly, shifts perfectly including 4 wheel drive. as far as I can tell the vehicle is not cut, welded on, or in any other way been severely damaged or altered. The jeep is certainly not perfect or show quality / it shows dents and dings / layers of green farm paint. The floor boards in the front are solid but look as though they have seen minor repairs in the past / the jeep shows little to no rust. The wheels and tires are civilian while the spare is a military ndt with original wheel. The dash data plate shows a 1954 date / the data plate behind the passenger seat is missing. As it stands this is a solid driver vehicle in great condition that is reliable and mechanically totally sound. I have always kept it garaged and have used it primarily for Sunday driving or riding around the neighborhood.
QR Code Link to This Post
Mechanically the jeep was in good shape when I purchased it and over the past few years I have made some improvements and completed routine maintenance.
- Summer 2016 - full engine rebuild and installation with correct "MD" stamped military f-134 "hurricane" engine ( done by 1/4 ton military in chickamauga, ga)
- Summer 2016 - new brakes, brake lines, all fluids changed including mechanical housings (done by 1/4 ton military )
- Fuel pump rebuild by kaiser-willys
- Original Carter carb rebuild by kaiser-willys
- Air intake cross-over tube replaced with correct unit
- Instrument cluster removed and replaced non-working gauges
- Damaged seat covers replaced
- Windshield and rubber replaced
- 24 volt waterproof spark plug wires / and new plugs
- A variety of other tasks to numerous to count
Not shown in the pictures but items included :
- spare f134 "Hurricane" engine block ( removed summer 2016 when rebuilt md f134 unit installed)
- top bow for canvas top ( no canvas top )
- cold weather heater - I removed so I could work on the engine - the heating unit works really well and could be reinstalled easily (4 bolts / one wire)
- enough nos oil filters to last years
- many spare pieces of hardware
- full set of TM maintenance manuals
- high lift jack shown in pictures is not included
- jerry can is included ( I have red or green )
The reason I am considering selling is that I do not use it enough and the jeep deserves more time on the road and more attention.
This vehicle is registered / licensed in the state of Alabama - vehicle will be sold per bill of sale - Alabama does not require title for vintage vehicles.
The price is $5000
This vehicle is sold as is, where is. No trades. I do not need help selling this vehicle. No low-ballers, tire-kickers or joy-riders. Please do not contact me unless you are serious about purchasing this vehicle.